Typically, RiverStar clients install and use Studio in a local development environment. However, RiverStar uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host our demo and training environments “in the cloud.”
What this means is that our demo/training environments are readily accessible to:
- Prospective customers for the evaluation of RiverStar Studio
- Existing customers for a virtual training environment for RiverStar Studio
In order to use the demo or training environments, please follow these steps:
- Please talk to your RiverStar representative to register for access.
If you don’t ...
RiverStar Studio offers a variety of compile packages that specify how your web application is packaged after being compiled.The available values include those listed below and are filtered based upon the value of the Code Target property within the Target Environment property sheet:
- Child Zip File – Create a zip file that is deployable within a parent project book. This is the unit of deployment used for deploying child project books into RI. (Use for Java or C# target environments)
- Parent Project ...
The Studio v11.1 collaboration feature utilizes the Subversion as its engine. Subversion is a software versioning and revision control system distributed under an open source license. Developers use Subversion to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation.
NOTE: This procedure only applies to Studio v11.1 and later. Prior versions of Studio (prior to v11.1) used the Concurrent Versions System (CVS) for the Studio Collaboration engine.
RiverStar Studio provides direct interfaces with the Subversion software. ...Continue Reading →
Often, when developing web applications, dates and times end up being displayed using three separate drop-down fields; meaning one for the month, one for the day, and another one for the year.
The standard format for WWG Date and Time field is:
However, it is extremely easy to convert the drop downs:
- Set the ‘field values’ (in the drop down fields) to 01-12 for the months, and 01-31 for the days
- Create a string in the format yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
- Assign that string to the ...