The RiverStar Studio Basic Training is a series of scenario-based training lessons for performing common tasks. Each lesson builds upon the previous lesson, ultimately leading you through a variety of exercises to create a sample RiverStar Studio application.
Once you complete the basic training lessons, you can move on to the RiverStar Studio Advanced Training, where you will learn to develop more complex applications. For now, let’s focus on the essentials.
Basic Training Lesson Plan
The following is a list of lessons we’ve developed to help you learn how to use RiverStar Studio. Each lesson is intended to build upon the previous one and should be followed in the order presented.
- Virtual Training Environment – Learn how to start and access RiverStar’s virtual training environment (VTE) through a remote desktop connection.
- The Basics – Understand the basic features of RiverStar Studio; add fields to Pages and compile scripts.
- Working with Fields – Learn about the variety of fields that can be used in scripts.
- Working with Actions – Discover the four types of common Actions that can be used in scripts.
- Process Flows and Streams – Organize Pages into logical streams of procedures using RiverStar Studio’s context-based approach to building scripts.
- Creating Workflows – Create visual representations of scripts using RiverStar Studio’s Workflow feature.
- Creating Menus – Build navigation Menus within scripts.
- Page Layouts – Design Page Layouts to give scripts a custom look and feel.
- Advanced Fields – Explore more fields that can be used to make dynamic scripts.
- Matrices – Organize and manipulate data using RiverStar Studio’s Matrix object.
- Working with Panels – Create custom HTML containers using accordion or tabbed content, pop-up dialogs or integrate with matrices.
- Advanced Actions – Control the behavior of scripts.
- Database Interface – Connect scripts with an external data source.
- WSDL Interface – Incorporate web service functionality into scripts.
- Settings – Understand the variety of settings available in the RiverStar Studio design-time environment.
- Working with Maps – Understand how to group and organize data into an xml structure through maps.